Friday 27 May 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday #2

 Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View.


Q. How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?

I read on average 2 books a week, which seems like a paltry amount compared to other bloggers. I'm seriously in awe when I hear about people reading a book a day or 4 books in a weekend and craziness like that. I wish that could be me, so I could get through my TBR pile, but I think I'd worry that I wasn't really 'taking in' a book if I whizzed through it too quickly. I have enough trouble remembering the books I've read; if the number doubled or quadrupled, I think my brain might just give up completely. 


I only ever read paperbacks but I do want to start listening to audio books - I think it would be a cool way to re-read books, which I basically never do these days. And I want an electronic reader badly but can't afford one as yet!

7 comments:

  1. This was a nice book blogger question. My answer will probably embarrass me in comparison with my peers!

    Follow me back to my blog at prepare to be stunned – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank G-d it’s Follow Friday with a long weekend ahead. Everyone enjoy!

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey TG, just stopping by on the follow & hop! I'm ur newest follower.
    I have issues with books made into movies!
    Come see why!
    Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
    See ya!
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,
    It is great to meet another blogger who reads about 2 a week. I agree w/you for sure. I love giving every book time to sink in and paying attention while I'm reading. I don't like to rush through either b/c I'm always afraid I'll miss something spectacular :)
    New follower here,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow!! Following back =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi T.G. Thanks for stopping past my blog.

    I also read about 2-3 books a week and I'm happy with that. As you and ninja girl have pointed out - I would probably feel like I wasn't doing the books justice if I read much faster. There is, of course, the occasional book that I just can't put down and I may finish it in a day. But we're talking averages here. :)

    Shelagh (would be a new follower if GFC wasn't playing up)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the messages and thanks for following (or attempting to, Shelagh)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the e-reader, i've wanted one for so long, but can't judtify the money.

    Interesting post.

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    http://amysadumbrations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.