Monday 9 May 2011

In My Mailbox #5

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren.

Wheee! The books I bought and were held up by all our recent bank holidays in the UK finally came! I haven't had new new books in a little while (most of mine come from the library, or swaps, or are bought second-hand) and now I have these 3:


Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
So excited to read this; it just sounds right up my alley. Wish I could've afforded the gorgeous hardback but the important thing is I get to read it.

Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz
Everybody is talking about this book - I felt so left out! Now I can join in and I'm intrigued by everything I've heard about it so far.

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott
Because I have (whisper it) never read an Elizabeth Scott book. Shameful, I know. I thought I should start with her debut. (That is her debut, right?)

I also did my usual borrowing and swapping and second-handing this week and got:


Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
Putney Library book. I actually didn't love the first Gemma Doyle book (it wasn't bad, it was just OK), so it's taken me a long time to pick up the second. But so many readers with similar tastes love this series, so it would be a shame if I never gave it another try.

Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
Another Putney Library find. The reputation of this book certainly precedes it. I gather that it's a must-read; I just hope I can handle all the rumoured 'disturbing' parts, as I'm kind of a wimp.

Wood Angel Erin Bow
From a swap from ReadItSwapIt. This book was originally published as Plain Kate. I don't know much about it; what convinced me to get it was the pretty, pretty cover and the fact that it's blurbed by Meg Rosoff.

Love and Other Four Letter Words by Carolyn Mackler
This is another book that has much nicer covers than the one I got, but I got mine for 20p in an ex-library sale, so I'm not gonna complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.