Friday 17 June 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday #4

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View.


Q. Genre wars! What's your favourite genre and which book in that genre made it your favourite?

Good question. It's easier to pinpoint exactly when I became a fan of my second favourite genre, which is historical fiction. I know for definite that it was The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory that made me a devotee. But my no. 1 favourite genre is fantasy and it's more difficult to find the root cause of that. I could say it was my first Roald Dahl book, The Magic Finger but it probably goes back further, to the fairytales I was read as a child. All I know is that I've always loved stories where the impossible happened and still can't resist a dose of magic.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, there. I'm your newest follower from Follow Friday. I can relate. I read a lot of fairy tales as a child and my love for them continued all the way through college, where I took some classes on folk and fairy tales. Love it! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Phillipa Gregory books, a while back my mom and I, between the two of us, were able to pick up several of her books including The Other Boleyn Girl for really cheap at a used bookstore and we haven't looked back since. Great answer! :)

    Oh, and totally following you back.

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy historical fiction and have read a few Phillipa Gregory's myself, great books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I love historical fiction too. I really enjoyed the Other Boleyn Girl.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.