Wednesday 13 July 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




My WoW pick for this week is:



Torn by Cat Clarke

 

Four girls. One dead body. A whole lot of guilt.

Alice King isn’t expecting the holiday of a lifetime when she sets off with her classmates on a trip to the Scottish wilderness, but she’s not exactly prepared for an experience beyond her darkest nightmares…

Alice and her best friend Cass are stuck in a cabin with Polly, the social outcast, and Rae, the moody emo-girl. Then there’s Tara – queen of mean. Powerful, beautiful and cruel, she likes nothing better than putting people down.

Cass decides it’s time to teach Tara a lesson she’ll never forget. And so begins a series of events that will change the lives of these girls forever...
A compelling story of guilty secrets, troubled friendship and burgeoning love.

Released in: January 2012


WoW because: Cat Clarke's Entangled was the best YA debut I've read so far this year. The characters were very true-to-life and the plot kept you hooked from start to finish. Torn sounds like it has the potential to be just as engrossing: The plot sounds Heathers-esque and that is one of my favourite movies. Teen girls, secrets, murder...can't wait to read it.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read Entangled yet but I really want to ;D And this one sounds really promising :D Thanks for sharing and happy reading with Shadow Kiss (my favorite lol)

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read entangled, and i didn't know Cat was writing a new book thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my eye on this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Entangled yet, and this one sound a little dark.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.