Wednesday 31 August 2011

Read of the Month - August 2011

...or What I Read and What I Thought was best.


I've been posting a lot more this month, because I was at home but still away from work. I hope I can keep it up now that school is back in session. Now, let's see if I actually read more in August.


In August 2011, I read:

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth

2. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

3. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett

5. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

6. Across the Universe by Beth Revis


Bah! I barely read anything. I should have read at least 3 more, but got swamped with back-to-school work. Well, I know hands-down what my favourite thing I read this month was:


Across the Universe


My favourite 2011 debut that I've read so far; a sci-fi dystopia that depicts a terrifying world, but with characters that really touch your heart.



So, what about the rest of you? What did you read this month and what was your favourite?

5 comments:

  1. I really need to get this book. Every time I see it mentioned it makes me stop a second. Also, I'm looking forward to reading Divergent (probably going to pick it up either this week or next. So many great things have been said about that one :))
    Hope you're having a good one,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read this as well. I've only heard good things!


    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm your 100th follower! :D I feel so special. Anyway, I can't believe you thought another book was better than Divergent. I read Divergent in August, and it's easily my favorite book of 2011, not only this month!! Oh well. I haven't read Across The Universe yet, but I hope to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophia - Thanks so much for following and allowing me to hit 100! Woo hoo, I'm so happy now! It finally happened. Don't forget to enter my 100 followers giveaway.

    And I liked Divergent, but Across the Universe is sci-fi, which is more to my taste, so it wins - just personal preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Across the Universe!!! I am 100% picking up a copy on my next trip to the library!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.